Alliance for PE Pipe – Technical Civil Engineer
*** THIS POST IS LOOKING FOR A CIVIL ENGINEER NOT A SOFTWARE ENGINEER ***
Employer: Alliance for PE Pipe www.pepipe.org
Contract: 40 hours per week Commitment: 2 years minimum (2023-2025)
Responsible To: Lead Engineer for the Alliance for PE Pipe
General Description This is more of an engineering (civil, or mechanical) job vs a sales job. It is a responsible position which requires the candidate to possess a high level of interpersonal skills, background in civil engineering and knowledge of pipe systems. This position is responsible for the performance of duties related to infrastructure project design and review, evaluation of technical specifications and details, construction, maintenance and operation of water, wastewater and reclaimed water transmission and distribution systems and assistance with project management. Candidate will interact with municipal clients and consulting civil engineers to assist in developing infrastructure projects primarily through the modifications of specifications, provide specialized technical information to support design making and build long term relationships. Candidate will utilize a CRM and other tools to determine new potential municipal clients and facilitate communication. Key activities include presentations, working shows, Zoom seminars and working cases and leads.
- Prepares and/or provides technical documents i.e. master specifications and project specifications.
- Works closely with Lead Engineer to review engineering plans, details and specifications
- Provides technical using Alliance for PE Pipe Engineering Package, Plastics Pipe Institute Handbook on Polyethylene, AWWA M-55, other AWWA documents and ASTM standards, and TN, TR’s.
- Process transactions within an assigned customer group/geographical area
- Act as liaison between customers, Alliance for PE Pipe staff and Alliance members
- Manage timely communication by monitoring and utilizing phone, e-mail, text or other approved tools
- Travel 25% plus or minus *** Travel 25% plus or minus *** Travel 25% plus or minus
- Ability to read, design, review and markup engineering plans, details and specifications
- Experience working with project specifications and have experience influencing the specification process
- Possess excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal, computer and technical writing skills
- Candidate must be motivated, flexible and successful in a highly autonomous workplace environment
- Must have the ability to work from home with good internet service and be able to travel independently
- Candidate should possess knowledge about the municipal water and wastewater market
- Ability to apply technical information effectively
- Ability to set priorities and meet schedules
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion in performing duties
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, including the ability to effectively explain technical issues to a generally non-technical audience
- Minimum two years’ experience in the direct customer selling process and techniques including closing sales is preferred, but not required
- Familiarity with high-density polyethylene (HDPE) product lines and offerings is preferred
The Alliance for PE Pipe The Alliance for PE Pipe is a trade association composed of leaders in the PE pipe industry who are committed to the advancement of polyethylene pipe in the municipal water market. Their goal is to help the United States and Canada realize the benefits and long-term cost-effectiveness of using HDPE pipe.
If you are interested in applying please submit your resume to email@example.com
In compliance with Federal and State equal employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, non-job related disability, or any other protected group status.