- HDPE Insider's Guide - definitions with practical commentary
The PE Alliance would like to provide engineers an avenue to pursue design of polyethylene piping systems and provide specification and installation guidelines which were developed and engineered for and by the polyethylene industry. These calculators, models and installation guidelines are tools directly related to polyethylene piping systems and are current with all existing standards and specifications (eg AWWA, ASTM, NSF, CSA,). The Alliance encourages the design engineer to visit the PPI website at plasticpipe.org for their great research, writing and presentation of HDPE design tools.
- Pipe Leakage Calculator - How much water is your city losing a day?
- Pipe Design Calculator
- Poisson’s Effect (Thrust force)
- Pressure Testing (Hydrostatic)
- Thermal Expansion and Contraction
- Field Bending HDPE Pipe (Bend Radius)
- Seismic Design
- PVC vs HDPE
- Alliance Contractor and Operator Qualifications
- Performance Pipe Field Handbook - Installation guide and useful reference information.
- CDC: Fluoridation of Drinking Water and Corrosion of Pipes in Distribution Systems Fact Sheet
Size, Dimensions and Pressure Rating Charts
- PPI Links